totterutter

Stuti's blog for depleting ships

Where totters can utter whatever the fuck they want to

Lolita
Sherwood Anderson
Red Seas Under Red Skies
Scott Lynch

The Distance Between Us

The Distance Between Us - Kasie West betty's a bombshell she just got paidcrossing the street on passionate gatesbilly's a looker he's from upstatehe ran into betty and he took her on a dateI love this song.The book is like the song.I do not like the book.It's a conundrum, folks. Conundrum! With a drum! Banging on your head!What I liked:~Caymen, Sayde, the Toad, Tick and Xander. I loved their personalities and especially Caymen's dry humor. ~I’ve just never seen eyes as green as yours. I thought maybe they were colored contacts.This is cheesiness you could BITE into. However, besides these iffy dialogues, the romance was pretty cute.What I didn't:~The writing was just bad, primarily in the first half. It also seems to need another round of editing:I wish I would’ve brought some gloves.~What was up with the strange man whose name I can't remember. It was pretty half-assed, the way things were left hanging.~The rest of the story was anti-climatic and lacked cohesiveness. ~The entrance of le grandparents didn't sit well with me and the ending was way too abrupt.YET, I can't stress enough how much I liked the characters and the cuteness. It's worth it to read the book just for that.Overall rating: 2.5