totterutter

Stuti's blog for depleting ships

Where totters can utter whatever the fuck they want to

Lolita
Winesburg, Ohio
Sherwood Anderson
Red Seas Under Red Skies
Scott Lynch

Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry Series #1)

Perfect Chemistry - Simone Elkeles Read more of my reviews at At the End of the Story.I believe I have stalled writing the review of this book long enough. The thing is , I started this series only because I wanted to read the last book, [b:Chain Reaction|8662836|Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry, #3)|Simone Elkeles|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1327881446s/8662836.jpg|13534308], which from what I've read is the best one yet. And I really want to start it but since this book and the next one,[b:Rules of Attraction|9912|The Rules of Attraction|Bret Easton Ellis|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1333578879s/9912.jpg|814440], have so many parallels, I feel that if I don't get it all out right now, I'll probably mix it with [b:Chain Reaction|8662836|Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry, #3)|Simone Elkeles|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1327881446s/8662836.jpg|13534308].This book basically fallows the good girl- bad boy mantra. Just bring in some drug lords and overbearing, assholic parents and disabled sister. Also, we've the quintessential chapters of insecurities and shit. I mean, really? You think you have faults, what with your perfect bod and all? And then the forbidden romance because he is a bad boy from the bad side of town, and she is a good girl from the good side of town. The thing is, this book is ... enjoyable. That's the most charitable word I can think of. It might appeal to a certain audience but not me. I'm just so bloody tired of good girls. Why can't it be for once a good boy and a bad girl(there is-[b:dare you to|8592946|One Thousand Gifts A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are|Ann Voskamp|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1328847709s/8592946.jpg|13462590])? I think that's because most of the readers of this genre wouldn't really go for them(Guilty as charged). But the stuff with the dealers was pretty interesting and I really liked Alex. His need to protect his family and I believe I might have fallen for him a bit. But he's just so overused. And even though Brittany irritated me like there's no tomorrow, she developed nicely as a character and she's grown on me. I like her strength, that when it's time she stands up to her mother, that she finally breaks the stereotypes and her love and affection for her sister. The romance was pretty strong and nicely handled. And I must admit, it feels sort of like a guilty pleasure. While reading, I was addicted enough that I finished it though one night. but after a few days, I realize that it was just in the heat of the moment and I will probably only revisit this book when I've been through some heart-breaking stuff or novel(though they're one and the same). Maybe.I'd have loved this book if I hadn't read or seen the same stuff like a thousand times before. It could have been so much better if she weren't so unoriginal. This kind of waste, the waste of writing potential, is worse than wastage of human resource.