totterutter

Stuti's blog for depleting ships

Where totters can utter whatever the fuck they want to

Lolita
Winesburg, Ohio
Sherwood Anderson
Red Seas Under Red Skies
Scott Lynch
VIcious - Victoria Schwab, V. E. Schwab Review of 100-pages samplerand each of those blew. Off. The. Roof. Of. My. Mind. I tell you, there really was steam coming out, like on of those trains and my brain, in its shambled state, was speeding and racing and diving and somersaulting, trying to figure out an expedient method to obtain the finished copy of [b:Vicious|7896214|Vicious|Kevin O'Brien|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1347523693s/7896214.jpg|11136998]. Surely, the publishers already have it and its in one of its process, whatever the processes involved are? Maybe editing or proof-reading(because this sampler requires some). And I could just swoop/glide in like Voldy-Moldy and put the Imperius Cure on one of the folks over at Tor.I guess it's a little premature to rate it five stars and even shelve it as one of my favorites but. But keeping in mind all the times I have bemoaned not being able to rate a book only for its beginning, I took the plunge. Now come what may, including Bugs Bunny and itty-bitty, dancing circus cats, and take the book to a higher or much lower level(you never know with Looney Tunes), I will have already loved these hundred pages.Sample-[b:Vicious|7896214|Vicious|Kevin O'Brien|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1347523693s/7896214.jpg|11136998] is a brilliantly crafted tale of superheroes, supervillains, and creatures of darker shades. Creatures of ambition, envy and a slightly sinister side, hidden beneath their affable smiles. 10 years forward, hell's bells, these creatures have now been twisted beyond acceptance and the only thing in play now is vengeance. I was enthralled from the first page and believe you me, I liked what I saw. o_O Frankly, there's not much I can say beyond this, since I haven't even read 30% of the book. Yet this book's caught mehooklinesinkerSomeone's gonna have HELL to pay if the rest of it doesn't turn out be just as good, if not better. *sigh*I don't particularly like it, Ms Scahwab, but it's all in a day's work, ma'am, all in a day.