totterutter

Stuti's blog for depleting ships

Where totters can utter whatever the fuck they want to

Lolita
Winesburg, Ohio
Sherwood Anderson
Red Seas Under Red Skies
Scott Lynch
Another 365 Days - K.E. Payne This review also appears on my blog At the End of the Story.________________________________So this book is a sequel or something- just found out, when I got to reviewing. I thought something along the same lines when I was reading but whatever, probably not gonna pick that one.I guess, this book was alright despite the fact that I abandoned it. Actually, I was thinking of maybe giving it three or so stars while reading('cause that just happens ever since I joined GR- the rating bar creeps into my mind and I'm constantly evaluating the book) and I thought it was so-so. The book reminded me of [b:Confessions of Georgia Nicholson|15844201|Confessions of Georgia Nicholson Omnibus (Confessions of Georgia Nicholson, #1, #2, #3, #4)|Louise Rennison|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1353288182s/15844201.jpg|21586917]- if, you know, Georgie were seventeen, actually in love, irritating most of the time, lesbian, not-weird-crazy just teenager-crazy, angsty a lot. Not to say I didn't enjoy the main character- she was fun(?) but not relatable. I just kept laughing even when she went through break-up.It's not that this book infuriated or even offended me. I've slugged through worse books- I don't why. But this one was just not my cup of tea. Many people will probably like it but the character was too self-centered for me to continue much longer. It's not like I hat such characters- they make for a good laugh but one can only have so many self-obsessed people in their lives or books and that slot for me has been filled by Georgia. So it went to shit halfway through. And I just read the blurb- who the F is this mysterious and sexy J? (Yeah I just skimmed through the ARC and it's just another girl.)And the spelling errors and grammatical mistakes were too many to count. Also though, it read like a true teen's diary, the book just couldn't manage to pull it off. One thing I must say in favor is that I really liked the way that the author occasionally added her mood or emotion in one word with a hash after some paragraphs.Maybe I'll pick this book once again sometime to finish it but probably not in the near future. Many thanks to publishers for providing a copy through NetGalley.