totterutter

Stuti's blog for depleting ships

Where totters can utter whatever the fuck they want to

Lolita
Winesburg, Ohio
Sherwood Anderson
Red Seas Under Red Skies
Scott Lynch
This Song Will Save Your Life - Leila Sales I have practically zilch to say about this book.Wait, I do have something. Reading This Song Will Save Your Life didn't feel like reading. It's like one of those really well-written fantasies that just suck you in- but different too, because the magic here is in Elise and her passion for music and her nightly visits. There's magic right here in this book- magic like glitter, in the realm of logic; something no nihilist out there can scoff at. I finished TSWSYL in one evening and the moment I emerged, I had to take a couple minutes to orient myself.It is a brilliant novel and while I had a few bones to pick here and there, somehow they've been lost in the stack of... something good that you stack?Also someone who's read it, help me! I don't get the last line of the book.I’ll type up a new version of this and email it to you, Joy—otherwise it’s too messy to read! I don’t love all these suggestionsbut can use some of them . . .Maybe I sorta do, I don't really know, and if it means what I think it means or even if it doesn't, I HATE it! I don't get why but the paragraph before than one I loved to bits and this one... ugh! I also love the cover and I want those headphones. Bloody hell, I require them!Many thanks to the publishers for providing a review copy.