totterutter

Stuti's blog for depleting ships

Where totters can utter whatever the fuck they want to

Lolita
Winesburg, Ohio
Sherwood Anderson
Red Seas Under Red Skies
Scott Lynch

Unspoken (Lynburn Legacy Series #1)

Unspoken - Sarah Rees Brennan The only reason I started this book was because of its cover. It is just so adorable- look at it. I know you aren't supposed to judge a book by its cover but how can you resist that one??!!Admittedly, I wasn't much impressed by the blurb. It just didn't sound like my type of book. But I gave it a try. And boy, was I shocked. The characters in the novel were just so lovely. Especially Kami Glass and Angela Montgomery . They reminded me of characters from a particular anime I am stuck on- Skip Beat!. And then there were Holly, Rusty and Jared . Oooooooooohhhhhhh. Aaaaahhhhhhh.I want in, people. In, as in, inside that book. I don't care that I'll be a character in a fictitious novel and my destiny and role will be pre-determined by the author and i'll have no free will. I just want to live in Sorry-in-the-Vale and be a part of the Lynburn Legacy.Moving onto the plot and mystery. The real plot started about halfway through the book, but I believe that I could have gone on forever reading that book without anything happening- just being acquainted with the characters. And the mystery, of course. I went through a long list of suspects but I didn't, not once, point the finger in the right direction.That said, you didn't end it at a very good point Ms. Brennan. And I want more, more, more. And I have that particular disease you get after reading a fantabulous book- I can't think of anything else, can't eat or drink, and the worst, can't even imagine opening another book unless of course it is [b:Days of Blood and Starlight|12812550|Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2)|Laini Taylor|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1337964452s/12812550.jpg|17961723] which, alas, I don't have currently.