totterutter

Stuti's blog for depleting ships

Where totters can utter whatever the fuck they want to

Lolita
Sherwood Anderson
Red Seas Under Red Skies
Scott Lynch

The Piper's Son

The Piper's Son - Melina Marchetta Magic beansI want them but I won't tell you why.Okay, it's so I can defeat the monster, annex his huuuuuuuge mansion, have Silvertongue bring all the Marchetta characters to life and live happily ever after and so on.AND STOP FUCKING CRYING.Because that's all I can do, day in and day out whenever I remember I read this. In the shower, late at night, whilst watching this(which is humanly and inhumanly impossible but you guys watch it anyways, it's only like 10 minutes) and everything else that constitutes my day.Now, this is how you do a sad book; this is how you do an emotionally traumatic book. And it's not just sad, it also has happy moments, and there's nostalgia and those sly funny bits trademark of MM that make you snort during gloomiest of scenes.Even, for worse or for better I don't know, there is also the tale of a middle-aged broken couple and boy, I was actually invested in that(I thought it was beautiful but damn if I'm gonna admit that outside of these brackets). Frightening.It's Saving Francesca's sequel- you know, that book with overused story but awesome characters that made it a unique experience? which you are a fool if you haven't read. Same set of characters, five years later, Thomas's story, Thomas's family and a few adorable new characters. You have your old Francesca, Justine, Will(for a while) and Luca as well. There's a bit about Siobhan, too. But Jimmy Hailler, who didn't want to go home, who brought Frankie's mother back, who waved to her neighbors, is missing.This is a rich and complex novel of problems, families, friends, grief, forgiveness and love.And how life and time can't always tear you apart. So stop fucking blaming the lemons.This is a recipe for lemonade.And I need a Jimmy Hailler novel, asap(that's not a request, Ms Marchetta).